Jaspersoft provides Community and Professional editions by which customers can choose one based on the requirement.
The following are major feature differences of Jaspersoft Community and Professional editions, which will help to determine which software edition is right for you
• Customers can take advantage of the Jaspersoft Community Support Forum with a discussion on various topics and with patches and software updates. Professional edition offers Commercial license and guaranteed support with issue troubleshooting.
• Jaspersoft Community edition provides software updates as soon as they are available. Commercial edition can be upgraded based on the management release cycle.
• Jaspersoft allows numerous ways for database connectivity through JDBC drivers. In Professional edition apart from connecting to direct database, a metadata layer called Domain is available. Domains can be created from Jaspersoft Professional edition server and reports can be generated on top of domains.
• With respect to Charts, Community edition supports JFree Charting with support on the properties and rendering via the Community forum. In addition to the JFree Charts, Professional edition supports HTML5 charts, Maps Pro, Charts Pro, Widgets Pro and Tibco Maps. HTML5 charts are more attractive and can be used to create interactive reports. They are designed to work similarly to Ad Hoc charts.
• Ad-hoc reports can be created on the fly using Jaspersoft Professional server edition whereas in Community edition, this feature is not available. However, users can design the reports using Studio and upload them in the server so that the reports can be accessed over the web.
DataTerrain with years of experience and reliable experts is ready to assist. We have served more than 200 plus customers in the US and an additional 60 plus customers worldwide. We are flexible in working hours and do not need any long term binding contracts.