Drill up & down operations allows moving up and down the hierarchy of categories in a dimension. To drill down means to go from a higher summary level into more details. Drilling up expands the focus of a report and moves into a lower detail level.
In Cognos Powerplay you can Drill up and down the hierarchy tree in the following ways:
• Hover the mouse pointer over a category you want to explore in more details and if the cursor changes to a plus sign, it means that the drill-down is available, and you can double click the category to drill down.
• Alternatively, instead of double-clicking you can right-click on a selected category and select Drill Down.
• Drill down by clicking the plus sign.
• To drill back up go to the cube summary row or summary column and once the cursor changes to the plus sign with an up arrow, double-click it to go one level up.
• Alternatively, instead of double click you can right-click on a selected category and select Drill Up.
• Drill up by clicking the summary row.
• It is also possible to drill up and down in a dimension viewer located on the left-hand side of the Powerplay screen. You can expand the dimension tree and right-click on a desired hierarchy detail level and choose Filter to drill up or down.
DataTerrain with years of experience and reliable experts is ready to assist. We have served more than 200 plus customers in the US and an additional 60 plus customers worldwide. We are flexible in working hours and do not need any long-term binding contracts.