1. Do we see the same classes and objects tree structure between webi and Oracle Taleo?
Yes, In the subject area of the ORACLE TALEO environment the classes and objects tree structure and order will be the same as you see in the Business Objects environment.
2. Can we create Ad hoc reports in Oracle Taleo?
Yes, it is possible and will work similar to BO reports. There are a lot of GUI options in ORACLE TALEO to view the data in different layouts
3. How do we use the converted ORACLE TALEO/BIP reports?
The converted ORACLE TALEO reports will embrace all the features of Webi reports. Using the Oracle Taleo report will be the same like just applying prompts and viewing the data. ORACLE TALEO has options to export the report to PDF, Excel or CSV formats
4. How will the look and feel of the converted reports be?
The look and feel of the reports in Oracle Taleo will be pixel perfect to that of the Webi reports and will contain all the report and layout formats like charts, pivots, graphs etc…. The DataTerrain automation tool handles everything during the transition of reports.
5. Can we schedule the ORACLE TALEO reports?
Yes, ORACLE TALEO has options for scheduling the reports on a timely basis and also handles emailing of the results.
6. Can we modify the converted ORACLE TALEO reports in future?
7. Do we need to give access to our report data in order for you to do the proof of concept (POC)?
No, we do not need data access to your reporting environment.
8. Do we need to give sample files for the POC?
Yes. Save sample data files (just a few records) as a zip file and send them to us.
9. How long does it take to complete a POC?
While completing a POC for you depends on the complexity of the transition, in general, we complete our POC and provide results back to you within five business days.
10. How many reports will you convert during the POC?
The POC consists of converting maximum of one (1) metadata file and two (2) reports.
11. How does DataTerrain pricing work?
We classify your reports as Simple, Medium, or Complex. We provide definitions of those classifications and work with you during the classification. Our pricing is based on the classification and is presented as a fixed bid. Our process is fully transparent to you as a customer, and we feel strongly about working with you to ensure that the classification is both correct and fair.
12. How do you ensure that your converted reports are of High Quality? How the transition is validated? Do you perform QA?
We are committed to Quality Assurance, as follows: As it converts your reports, our DataTerrain System generates intelligent log files that precisely define anything it is unable to convert. Our offshore experts apply any changes indicated in the log files. Our team applies DataTerrain System multi layer scripts to test the transition and to apply post-transition solutions. We have created unique IP automation scripts and tools that help us to identify and apply post-transition fixes, and we also use other tools to ensure that your new report executes perfectly.
13. Can you refer us to any client where you have already completed a successful transition project?
Yes, we can provide references upon request.
14. Is technical support available during and after the completion of project?
Yes. Your report transition project will be managed by a DataTerrain project manager who will bring in technical support as needed to ensure that all of your questions and technical issues are addressed. We also provide information about your target system such as limitations, constraints, and ‘gotchas’ compared to your source reporting system, as well as features and best practices that are part of the target system that you might want to take advantage of.
15. What percentage of a report needs to be manually fixed after it is converted by your automation?
Individual circumstances vary. Depending on the individual reporting source circumstances, the DataTerrain System is a robust engine that converts 60-100% of any report, and even fixes issues on the fly.
16. What kind of responsibilities will we have in managing the project?
Our project manager will work closely with your project manager to ensure that we are meeting our targets, making adjustments along the way, addressing your needs, and so on. Our customers help us with ensuring that their target environment is functioning properly and they do their own QA testing. We are also able to assist our clients with the roll out activities associated with the new target environment.
17. How do you compare DataTerrain with manual transition?
We built the DataTerrain System using an extensive R&D effort and designed it to automate as much of the report transition as can be automated. The design and development goal of the DataTerrain System was, is, and will be, to reduce the human effort and cost associated with preserving reports as you convert to new and better tools and BI systems. Automation beats manual every time, no matter how you define the manual scenario. Automation saves cost, time, and disruption to your business.
18. Do we still need manual transition after using DataTerrain?
Because of our commitment to automation during design and development, the DataTerrain System handles most reporting scenarios when converting reports. We apply manual fixes to handle some complex scenarios, but continue to accommodate more and more complex scenarios as we enhance our system.
19. Is your transition system a commercial product?
No, currently we use the DataTerrain System internally as the keystone of our transition-As-A-Service (CAAS) model.
20. Do you limit the target systems you support?
We support the latest version of the target system available in the market.
21. Can you help us with reporting enhancements after the transition is complete?
Yes, we support customer enhancements on client request at additional cost.
22. Do you provide end-user training in the target BI environment?
We act as a center of excellence to help customers develop a better understanding of their new BI environment.
23. Do you work offshore? Do you have an onshore presence?
Both. We are headquartered in California and are a licensed California corporation. All report transition is done offshore. We are available for travel to visit any location you specify. DataTerrain complies with all recommended, industry-standard security and insurance requirements. If you have further questions, please let us know, as we are happy to answer them.