Extensible flex-fields enables implementers to configure additional attributes or information to the Fusion Application without having to write tedious code.
Unlike descriptive flex-fields where each segment or attribute is stored in the database as a single column, Extensible flex-fields stores the context values and context-sensitive segments in a separate extension table. Customers can display a group of segments together on a single page in the Application as per their needs using Extensible Flex-fields.
Benefits of using extensible flex-fields are listed below:
• Extensible flex-fields allow to group segments into contexts and each context is displayed in its own region.
• We can decide whether to display a group of attributes in a single or multiple pages. Based on preference, we can have multiple logical pages to display a group of extensible flex-fields.
• Extensible flex-fields can be configured to enable categories that dynamically displays different sets of logical pages and contexts based upon a runtime selection. The categories can be structured in a hierarchical manner and the children categories inherit all the contexts and logical pages that are configured for their parent categories.
• Attribute groups created once can be re-used if multiple business object instances share common attributes. We can configure the common attributes in one context and re-use the same context in all applicable categories
• There is no limit for the number of contexts that can be created for an extensible flex-fields.
• Multiple row contexts which display the context’s segments/attributes in a table can be created in order to have custom lists for the business objects.
The Flex-fields should be deployed once they are created in order to let the end-users view the additional attributes created. Custom Extract or BI reports can be built to get the data stored in these flex-fields.
DataTerrain with years of experience and reliable experts is ready to assist. We have served more than 200 plus customers in the US and an additional 60 plus customers worldwide. We are flexible in working hours and do not need any long-term binding contracts.